1940's Scarf

A while ago I saw this beautiful knitted 1940's scarf on Chronically Vintage, the blog of Jessica. It was on my to do-list for quite some time, but I had a lot of other projects to finish. After seeing it worn by her, looking so beautiful on her, I wanted one, too. And soon.
So instead of waiting for the yarn store to open, I looked what I had left in my own yarns. Wool, no. Cotton, yes. But I don't like to knit with cotton, so I decided to make the same scarf with a crochet hook. That's the reason my scarf doesn't look entirely the same as Jessica's does, although I used the same pattern and altered it to crochet. You can find the knitting pattern at Skiff Vintage Knitting Patterns.


After finishing the scarf I looked for a rose pattern on the internet and cross stitched it on one side of the scarf, just for embellishment. May I say, without bragging of course, I love my crochet version of this pattern?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Dank je! Stond deze bij jou ook niet op je to do list :-) ?

      Delete
  2. Leuk! Ik heb hem ook maar dan in het grijs! http://misslindsaylane.blogspot.nl/2014/02/such-cute-little-bow-knot-scarflet.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die van jou is ook leuk! Wat een geweldig hoedje draag je trouwens op de foto's!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely scarf, Liz! Love the cross stitch rose detail!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could turn a knit pattern into a crochet pattern. Jealous!

    I love the scarf - different than what you normally see.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.
    I like your lovely scarf.
    Loes

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely, I think I want to knit one. The flower is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Hope to see you again next Saturday morning starting at 8:00 am EST!

    ~ Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun! thanks for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very impressed that you did that with a crochet hook! I love to crochet, but when it comes to making things with detailed shapes, I have a hard time. Beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cross stitch rose effect, it looks very similar to a Cath Kidston pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to look Cath Kidston up, but I think you're right. She uses a lot of roses, too. I love her cherry fabrics!

      Delete
  12. Yours turned out beautifully! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job with that scarf. I love that you cross-stitched a rose onto the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I want one now! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. just WOW. I love love love it! It looks so vintage with the cross stitch rose. Superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this post at City of Creative Dream's City of Links on Friday! I appreciate you taking the time to party with me. Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag